Sunday, 13 May 2012

Barnet Fair


So it was inevitable that it was going to happen, it was just a matter of time… that’s right- for me to do a blog about HAIR.
It’s not that I am shallow or vain, it’s simply that I am just never happy with the way I look & my hair takes all the stick for that. Oh I have put my hair through it & as a result I have ended up with just as much indecisiveness as before & brittle hair to go with it.
My hairdresser told me that people with strong personalities who want to express that tend to go for 1 of the 3 hair colour choices- platinum blonde, bright red or jet black & oddly I have had all 3 colours, but always gone back to golden brown. What does this say about me? That I go throw stages of expressing myself but always go back to my comfort blanket of hiding behind a natural hair colour?
There’s the timeless saying that ‘blondes have more fun’ well I have tried & tested this & can honestly say they DO have more fun. Maybe it is just coincidence that at that particular time in my life everything was the way it was which in turn made it more fun, but because of this (maybe mere coincidence) I find myself sitting in the hairdresser’s chair urging myself to say those words ‘make me blonde again.’
I think girls will understand me when I say this- depending on what colour hair you have makes you feel different as a person. For example: When I was blonde I actually started to feel a bit silly (this is not to offend blondes, please read on…) it was the fact that I think allowances were not made as much when I maybe didn’t explain myself properly in a conversation & somebody would undoubtedly pipe up with ‘you are so blonde’ or something very similar. I then started to act up to this assumption of me, maybe because it was easier.
Then with black hair I felt bitchy, I felt grown up & like when I put a suit on- I meant business. Weird isn’t it. I would say if I had a variety of wigs that I choose to wear instead of my natural hair then black would be the wig I would put on for an interview.  I suppose I felt like a strong woman, but the reason I ditched the hair colour is because I felt like I looked so stern & aggressive at times & that’s not for me.
Red hair… what can I say about this. I had always avoided this hair colour, but honestly it is quite striking. I felt like a mermaid & I quite enjoyed that. This hair colour has become quite popular lately & I can see why. Females with blue eyes rocking this hair colour all resemble Ariel (The Little Mermaid) to me, just how some people say blonde heads represent the Barbie look- something that I am quite keen on. Judge me not!
So to sum up & add to- blonde hair makes me feel young & silly, black hair makes me feel catty & mature, red hair makes me feel fake but fun. Now sitting here with my brown hair I ask myself what does brown hair make me feel? And I would probably say sensible & natural- not the best adjectives I would want to use to describe myself. But I remember that a hair colour doesn’t define you.
As a finish up, could I just say that I think everyone looks gorgeous whatever hair colour they have & that you shouldn’t let people make you feel a certain way because of the hair colour you possess or what attire you choose or what features you were assigned (lol a funny use of word there). Let’s only judge people on the way they act when they necessarily need to be judged.
Blondes are stunning, Brunettes are stunning, Black haired-stunning, Redheads are stunning, Gingers (which I have also been) are stunning and so on…lets embrace being such beautiful creatures J


blonde

black

red

brown

No comments:

Post a Comment