I have recently attended to a promo night for a certain
vodka company & thought it would suffice at filling a special page in my
blog, a vodka company drunk on doing shots of sentiment, this vodka company…2
words for you… Ketel One.
Ketel One vodka is created in Schiedam, Holland by the Nolet
family & Carl Nolet (the 11th generation of Nolet) took great
pleasure in telling me his family history & even more interestingly Ketel
One’s history. ‘Still to this day each batch of Ketel One vodka is tasted &
approved by one of the Nolet family’
Carl Nolet also went on to tell us how Ketel One is not a
brand that forces itself onto people, they ‘simply let people try it &
decide for themselves’ & the great success of the company through
generations speaks volumes for this method.
The event was held in a swanky bar opened at the end of
April 2012 above the Gilgamesh Restaurant in Camden. This is the kind of bar
you expect to see celebrities networking in boasting it’s intricate Indian hand
carved woodwork covering the ceilings, comfy couches scattered around the edge
of the plush venue overlooking the centre of Camden from the full length glass
windows and amongst all this, if you want to guarantee yourself some quality
Ketel One vodka- this is your spot.
Now that I have skimmed the informative part…onto the real
reason I was there in the first place…my sister- Melonie.
After bagging her self a well deserved place at The Lady
Magazine where she has the chance to show them what she is made of, this is
just the kind of appointments she needs to tend to. So I went along for erm
‘the experience’ and it really was just that.
After showing up at this venue (hair done, blazer on)
expecting my smiles to only come from spending some time with my sister, I was
pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed myself & I now look very much
forward to the next outing.
You know what- I could really see myself in the PR line of
work after hearing & seeing what these girls do for these events. Maybe I
am in the wrong line of work… I definitely am!!! But that is a whole different
subject…for another day.
I love my sister J
The gorgeous Gilgamesh Ketel One Vodka Bar
The gorgeous sister Melonie Brown
Meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment